NE New Build

AD1

This is my first post so would like to say Hi to everyone on the forum.

I'm about to set out on my first selfbuild journey and already this forum has been very helpful. 

The build is North East England, brick and block construction, block beam ground floor and 1st floor with a 3rd floor in the roof. Total floor area of 335m2 over 3 floors. 

I intend to have UFH to both floor levels powered by a ASHP and 300L UVC for DHW. Solar panels on the detached garage roof aswell as MVHR. 

My question to everyone is; 

My architect has designed the plant room to be on the 3rd floor (3m x 1.5m), in a central location of the house. This is where the UVC and MVHR will be installed. The ASHP will be outside with a pipe run upto the 3rd floor of around 10m.

Will this be a problem? 

Thanks, 

AD1

I would worry about noise from plant room,  cylinder will likely leak at some point in the future so better sited on the g/f in my opinion which often differs from architects 

I don’t like beam and block, potential air leakages due to gaps and cracks, both initially and opening up over time.

now is the time to build in insulation, very cheap compared to retrofitting it. If you add sufficient you won’t need ufh upstairs