Anybody experienced with TLC Smart WiFi Lamps

MikeSharp01

Got a load of these https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Manufacturers/LEDlite/Smart_WiFi_Bulbs/index.html for new house and have been experimenting - not having the success I thought I would have. Anybody know anything about these devices, and the app they come with, other than what it says on the TLC website which is frankly, to say the least, unhelpful. I have struggled all afternoon to get a bulb configured WiFi and Bluetooth - no joy. Any thoughts, other than take them all back, anyone?

On 28/11/2021 at 17:45, MikeSharp01 said:

Got a load of these https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Manufacturers/LEDlite/Smart_WiFi_Bulbs/index.html for new house and have been experimenting - not having the success I thought I would have. Anybody know anything about these devices, and the app they come with, other than what it says on the TLC website which is frankly, to say the least, unhelpful. I have struggled all afternoon to get a bulb configured WiFi and Bluetooth - no joy. Any thoughts, other than take them all back, anyone?

Generic Tuya lamps. Use with Smart Life or Tuya app. Pairing with 2.4mHz wifi only - can be problematic. you may need to reset them to pair direct (i.e. they put up a wifi access point that you connect to initially). This usually involves power on-off-on-off-on-off-on then it flashes slowly. App has option for Easy (actually hard) or AP mode when you add a new device. Choose AP and follow instructions.

16 hours ago, Radian said:

Generic Tuya lamps. Use with Smart Life or Tuya app. Pairing with 2.4mHz wifi only - can be problematic. you may need to reset them to pair direct (i.e. they put up a wifi access point that you connect to initially). This usually involves power on-off-on-off-on-off-on then it flashes slowly. App has option for Easy (actually hard) or AP mode when you add a new device. Choose AP and follow instructions.

Many thanks for that - I found that out of the box I could get them connected but those I had tried would not work - so now I have the on-off-on-off-on-off-on sequence I can probably get them back to slow flashing as out of the box.

• 11 months later...
On 28/11/2021 at 20:45, MikeSharp01 said:

I have had experience with TLC Smart WiFi Lamps. I have not had any problems with them. Your problem is that you may not have connected them correctly.