Floor insualtion with partition on top

NandM

I have my insulation arriving next week. The plan is to lay some on the concrete slab first, after DPM. Then to build out the walls by sticking some insulation directly to them and then build a partition and filling it. The friction fit from this will also help further secure the wall insulation.

My plan is not to fix the partition through the wall insulation but to fix down and up into the ceiling joists. Fixing down will mean screws through the floor insulation into the slab - would this be problematic? I want to avoid fixing through the wall insulation if possible.

Depending on floor finish there is no need to floor fix. If you are screeding then the screed will secure the partition, remember to double sole plate to distribute load across insulation and also leave enough above screed to fix PB to

Edited by markc
  • Thanks 1

I won't be screeding above the insulation as there isn't the space. I'm planning to float an engineered wood floor.

I didn't think about double sole plate i.e. one on top of the other?

Edited by NandM

50 minutes ago, NandM said:

I won't be screeding above the insulation as there isn't the space. I'm planning to float an engineered wood floor.

I didn't think about double sole plate i.e. one on top of the other?

Yes one on top of other with staggered joints

• Thanks 1