Should I sound proof a feature exposed red brick wall and cover it with brick slips?

I am about to start on a yard in fill extension on the ground floor on a mid terrace house. On the ground floor I want to leave the party wall red brick exposed inside my kitchen/dinning area. The brick work of the wall is made from Belfast red brick and it is of solid wall construction. The wall has headers running through it every 3 bricks high and from these I assume the wall is approx. 250mm thick.

On the neighbours side of the wall is their kitchen/dinning area and to reduce noise travelling between the two properties my quantity surveyor has suggested that I should fit sound insulation along the party wall and use brick slips to recreate the exposed red brick wall.

I would like to know what other people in my situation would do? Would you go to the extra expense to fit sound insulation and then fit brick slips on top and accept at 100mm loss of space internally?

Please see image of the proposed insulation below. One good thing is having the brick slips would create a flush join with the plastered pillar but I am losing access to the internal pipework which I would have to move up 90mm.

wall.png.65b6b61e34f1d3607b2158a26c4970c6.png

3.png.64b9db9953f9c86b6efcefc202e81996.png

4.png.abb3b5bc21f756b71557cd29ad902751.png

Many thanks

Edited by Dan_the_man

6 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Is there an existing problem with sound transmission?  What about the rest of the party wall?  Brick slips are difficult to get looking right.

Currently the exposed brick wall is in a yard. I will not know about any sound issues until I build the extension. I did speak to a neighbour who has a similar setup and they did not complain about sound issues except for hearing plug sockets being turned on and off.