How deep do you have to chase wall for wall mounted bib taps?

Oxbow16

Hi again

Second belfast sink related question, but different enough from the first to require a new thread...

Our preference is for the sink to be mounted in a corner, and for the pipes to be chased in for wall mounted bib taps.  Presumably that means having enough room in the chase for the vertical pipes, 90 degree elbows, and whatever else is needed to connect the pipework to the taps.  

Does anyone know how much depth is required for this kind of set up?  Before choosing taps etc I want to make sure the wall will be suitable.  

Thanks for all the help, it's so useful having forums to address all the unanswered questions that keep popping up!  

Cheers

Hi

Many thanks for the response.  Does indeed help and makes me feel more confident that this could work fine.  

Looking into it a bit more this morning, am I right in saying something like this would be used INSIDE the wall?  

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-end-feed-adapting-90-wall-plate-elbow-15mm-x/91665

With the end of the threaded section sitting flush to the wall's surface.  And the tap then screws into that?  

If so:

1. At the pipe end, is a solder or compression joint preferable when chased in?

2. Would you recommended insulating the pipes? Only a length of around 30-40cm of pipe will be chased in per pipe.

3. If using the above elbow, I guess that will dictate the depth of the pipe.  But if more depth is needed (say for the insulation), would you normally bend the pipe to create the required offset?  

Thanks again