ASHP help following summer install

rh2205

Had an ASHP installed in the summer, our renovated house was far too hot then to really sort the heating out so it was difficult to get radiators to come on, hot waters been operating fine since. We turned on heating a week ago & it seems downstairs radiators are warm upstairs radiators don’t seem to get as warm or mostly seem cold. I am a bit lost as to what we do or need to make sure our installers do to ensure that the heating system operates efficiently. We had oversized radiators installed throughout to operate at around 45C (not sure they actually set it to this as they talked about 55C when they were here). We had all the MCS paperwork in the summer so it was commissioned then. Anyway the heating company are coming round in a week and I want to ensure I understand how I know whether they are setting it up efficiently. We currently keep the thermostat on at 19C 3 times a day but I think that’s probably a little on the cool side currently so will turn it up to something higher for when they arrive & hopefully sort it out but didnt want to be burning electricity unnecessarily. Would it be useful if I understand how radiators are balanced? Should they be checking the radiator temperature as part of this process? I just feel a bit clueless as how I ensure they have sorted it out correctly.

Edited by rh2205

Balancing is all about trying to get it so all the rooms heat up at about the same rate.  That might mean some rooms need more flow through the radiators than others.

By all means turn up the thermostats for a trial, and see if they all get hot.

BUT on the day they come have the heating turned off.  They will then be able to turn it on and see what warms up quickly etc.  The very last thing they want is to arrive in a house that's all cosy and up to required temperature and all the thermostats have turned off.