Wunda UFH

djkprojects

Hello guys,

I'm looking to get Wunda UFH for me new kitchen extension and existing downstairs living room. I've approached WundaTrade for FREE design and supplied the plans. They have been very helpful so far but with me having only very basic knowledge of UFH and what's required I'm getting a bit confused by the quote. I've asked for the quote for two zones:

1. kitchen/dinner - 45sqm area

2. living room - 39sqm area

I've been advised that at 150mm pipe spacing I'll be looking at 6.67m of pipe per sqm which would mean 6.67 * (39 + 45) = 560m of 16mm pipe. Is that correct?

Also, the items list also mentions:

1x Grundfos EuP Pump 22kW
1x WUNDA PUMP STATION - Grundfos
1x 7 Port Manifold

My understanding was that I need manifold and a pump but what is the WUNDA PUMP STATION - Grundfos ? Wunda advised me it's "The Wunda pump station in the pump holder & mixing station" but I cannot find such item on their website.

I'm also planning on using the UFH with another smart heating system (I have Tado atm but may switch to Loxone) - Do I need to but a specific Control Unit for example Heatmiser UH8 ?

Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, djkprojects said:

I've been advised that at 150mm pipe spacing I'll be looking at 6.67m of pipe per sqm which would mean 6.67 * (39 + 45) = 560m of 16mm pipe. Is that correct?

Yep

what is the WUNDA PUMP STATION - Grundfos

I suspect it's the mixer that connects your flow and return to your pump/manifold. One of these - https://www.wundatrade.co.uk/shop/home/underfloor-heating-manifolds-and-pump-sets/premium-pumpsets/premium-pumpset-grundfos-eup-pump-stainless-steel-manifolds/

I'm also planning on using the UFH with another smart heating system (I have Tado atm but may switch to Loxone) - Do I need to but a specific Control Unit for example Heatmiser UH8 ?

Any smart stats should work, but you'll need them wired into a wiring control system like the UH8 to call for heat, enable pump, open zone actuators etc.