New build progress

Arnewhouse

I have been a long time observer on Buildhub since the idea of building a new house came about. Having read another post today it inspired to me to share our journey with some images of the build as it has progressed. Which may be of interest. From the outset I aspired to achieve a very well insulated, airtight and energy efficient house and so far its all going well. Triple glazed windows all round, u values of 0.12 all over and hopefully extremely air tight once we get further on. 

20210629_195613.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome and it's looking great. So pretend you're on Grand Designs. Where's the drama? What problems or issues are you facing, things you'd have done different? How's covid and brexit effecting the programmer, labor shortages and material prices for you?

Questions on the house. I can see it's timber frame. Are you insulating with cellulose, foam, etc? It also looks big. Is the roof zinc and is it just going on the timber clad element or the entire house?

2 minutes ago, Dudda said:

Welcome and it's looking great. So pretend you're on Grand Designs. Where's the drama? What problems or issues are you facing, things you'd have done different? How's covid and brexit effecting the programmer, labor shortages and material prices for you?

Questions on the house. I can see it's timber frame. Are you insulating with cellulose, foam, etc? It also looks big. Is the roof zinc and is it just going on the timber clad element or the entire house?

No real dramas and we have been very lucky with materials as we had everything ordered in January so beat the large price hikes on timber. Groundwork started in May, kit arrived June. PIR insulating all walls and roofs. It's steel standing seam supplied by Pagurek. We are very pleases with the metal roof. The block work will be rendered white.