Titon or Vent-axia

I had spec'd a Ventaxia Highflow for my house (roughly 300m2) and planned on installing myself. However, with quite a bit on at present I had contacted a local installer to offer me an install price.

He has done that, but also offered me an alternative that he supplies - Titon HRV 1.75 Q Plus.

The question is, how does the Titon compare to the Ventaxia, and is it better two have one large unit or two smaller units?

1400 for fitting including balancing/commissioning. Just met the guy and to be fair he seemed to know his stuff, has been in the trade 15 yrs. He d be happy to install the ventaxia but thinks two systems on my size house would be better (lower fan speed etc). 

Edit - sorry read fitter not filter! Need to check....

I have asked for the special pollen filter as both my children are suffering from hay fever at present

Edited by Trw144
Blindness

• 5 years later...
On 27/05/2016 at 15:29, Trw144 said:

I had spec'd a Ventaxia Highflow for my house (roughly 300m2) and planned on installing myself. However, with quite a bit on at present I had contacted a local installer to offer me an install price.

He has done that, but also offered me an alternative that he supplies - Titon HRV 1.75 Q Plus.

The question is, how does the Titon compare to the Ventaxia, and is it better two have one large unit or two smaller units?

Can I ask which did you go for in the end?

I have similar size house. One company recommending the highflow and another saying 2 units would be quieter/better

@Mac123 I've a 315m² house in progress at the minute and have punted for two Salda Smarty 3x units. Two units are better for a large house and you have lower fan speeds as well as air flow through the main ducts.

Also means you can build in extra capacity for higher boost rates of needed.

I've gone for the salda for a few reasons. They're bloody cheap. They're passive House certified which gives you certain guarantees on performance levels. Takes F7 filters. And the company seems to have a long history in ventilation and quality seems good. It's reasuringly heavy, in a ex Soviet kind of way :)

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1