Column radiators - brands and prices

gdal

We are at the point of specifying radiators for upstairs: bedrooms, office, one bathroom. These will be column style. We will need 7

There seems to be a big difference in price between say Stelrad, Myson, Acova (from Screwfix) and all the Victorian cast iron 4 U suppliers.

To my eyes, the Acova look fine https://www.screwfix.com/p/acova-classic-horizontal-3-column-radiator-600-x-1226mm-white-5403btu/46334  But I am cheap natured

I am sure the more expensive ones have finer details but is there any difference in quality, durability etc that I should know about?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it depends on how important the 'look' is. We have some Acovas and also traditional cast iron. The Acovas look like mid century continental. Cast iron (depending on detail) looks like more authentic 'old'. The colour is probably the factor that makes the difference (our Acovas came in white and we left them so, cast iron was supplied nude so we had to choose something to fit the rooms and it seemed obvious that white was wrong).