Poor water pressure

bassanclan

Looking for a bit of help.

5/6 bedroom house i am refurbing.

There are 4 upstairs showers (1over a bath) and a massive freestanding bath plus a downstairs shower.

Fitted a 650l thermal store.

There is an issue with poor water pressure and flow rate.

Incoming static pressure is 2bar falling to  1.7bar by the time you get upstairs (about 3m so to be expected).

Dynamic is 0.3bar

Flow rate at a shower is just 7litres per min and 4litres per min at the free standing bath.

I have seen many a recommendation for accumulators, but would that do the job or would a pump be a better bet in this instance with such poor flow rates?

A standard accumulator needs good mains pressure but can boost the flow rate. It works by filling up slowly from the mains then delivering it rapidly to outlets. You end up with improved flow at about mains pressure I don't believe that type will work well for you because the mains pressure is on the low side. I think you need a system with a pump to boost pressure as well

I'm not that familiar with the rules on pumped systems (I didn't think you can pump the mains directly?). See what others say. 

PS I assume you have checked all valves are fully open and any filters aren't blocked/scaled. Might also be worth checking what the water co is obliged to deliver. They are obliged to maintain 0.7 bar where the pipe comes onto your land but at what flow rate?

PPS It could be your best bet is upgrading the supply pipe. Depends what the pressure is like in the road.

Edited by Temp