Anyone used DAKO windows??

MikeSharp01

Not sure of the protocol about asking such questions on buildhub but I met DAKO at ecobuild two weeks back and sent them our window spec for a quote. It came back on Monday looking very competitive especially as it's an all Aluminium system with insulation in the voids and all but one window - where the frame percentage to glass area means we don't quite make it, to passive house standard. They have also met all the challenges we have in one range rather than 2 for most of the others. Has anybody used them or know anything about them? Please PM if you don't wish to say anything in public - I will understand.

• 5 months later...
On 22/03/2017 at 19:51, MikeSharp01 said:

Not sure of the protocol about asking such questions on buildhub but I met DAKO at ecobuild two weeks back and sent them our window spec for a quote. It came back on Monday looking very competitive especially as it's an all Aluminium system with insulation in the voids and all but one window - where the frame percentage to glass area means we don't quite make it, to passive house standard. They have also met all the challenges we have in one range rather than 2 for most of the others. Has anybody used them or know anything about them? Please PM if you don't wish to say anything in public - I will understand.

Bit late to party (albeit a very small one) was wondering if you had any contact with this company.

I have to say I am impressed with the website, products and range/styling.

I would consider using them and will definitely contact them when I get to that point.