Batcave in Scotland

RK6

12 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Hmmm.

I would be doing the garage in a way that it could be a separate house later.

I think there was a GD that did that too - bloke built on an old scrapyard or storage yard. 

Where is the lake going?

My list is already long enough without a bloody lake! ?

I did think about the garage being separate rather than under the house. Would probably be cheaper, and could provide more flexibility down the line. My concern is planning, as I was warned that the planners were going to be really cautious about anything that could potentially detract from the listed Doocot. Building down kills that worry, but I’m guessing it’s going to dramatically increase complexity. 

I’ll have a better feel for what is and isn’t likely to be possible once I’ve spoken to a few local architects.

Edited by RK6

12 hours ago, RK6 said:

My list is already long enough without a bloody lake! ?

I did think about the garage being separate rather than under the house. Would probably be cheaper, and could provide more flexibility down the line. My concern is planning, as I was warned that the planners were going to be really cautious about anything that could potentially detract from the listed Doocot. Building down kills that worry, but I’m guessing it’s going to dramatically increase complexity. 

I’ll have a better feel for what is and isn’t likely to be possible once I’ve spoken to a few local architects.

So where are you keeping the Lotus Elite?

Unless the underground garage will have no drains?