ASHP system spec

sbm74

11 minutes ago, Dan F said:

This will be fine at 7C, you'll just need a condensate drain for the heat battery.  Do you have your MVHR ducts insulated though?  If you don't you risk some condensation on ducts and it won't be quite as efective.  What heat battery do you have BTW?

Drain in. Coil to be installed. All ducts installed. Emitter a water coil. 20210624_192832.thumb.jpg.f4fa31ed79753c6cdf1b3e43666c8cf9.jpg20210805_224530.thumb.jpg.2fb3c6cf324d84b09fc538507539e24f.jpg

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Drain in. Coil to be installed. All ducts installed. Emitter a water coil. 20210624_192832.thumb.jpg.f4fa31ed79753c6cdf1b3e43666c8cf9.jpg20210805_224530.thumb.jpg.2fb3c6cf324d84b09fc538507539e24f.jpg

We used ComfoPost, partly given Zehender MVHR.  Other option was VEAB CWK.   Slightly off-topic maybe, but what ASHP do you have, and how are you triggering cooling mode?  Via heat pump controls or externally?

37 minutes ago, Ommm said:

It's unclear if that's solely about MVHR heat pumps or applies to heat pumps generally.  If it was about MVHR the third sentence doesn't really make sense (MVHR forbidden, MVHR with cooling still forbidden, non-MVHR ASHP allowed?)

This is a bit clearer (my bold):

Ground Source and Air Source Heat Pumps
To be eligible for the Domestic RHI, all heat pumps must distribute heat using a liquid
(normally through radiators or underfloor heating) to provide space heating, and may also be
used for domestic hot water heating. They may also provide cooling. Heat pumps that
distribute heat using the air are not eligible under the scheme.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/2021/03/drhi_essentialguide_forapplicants_mar2021_v7.pdf

22 minutes ago, Dan F said:

what ASHP do you have, and how are you triggering cooling mode?  Via heat pump controls or externally?

Coolenergy Cool Energy inverTech Air Source Heat Pump CE-iVT9 4.3kW-9.5kW

Triggering heating and cooling using a wall mounted thermostat and selecting heating/cooling on ASHP control. A bit Heath Robinson I'm afraid.

Reading more, I think you have to take in to account the history:

First I think the idea was to incentivise people to use renewable energy for heating.

If the ASHP was used for cooling it could not easily be identified.

The incentive was paid in relation to the electricity used by the ASHP up until 2018

Now the incentive deal is paid in relation to the EPC calculated amount of electricity that would be used for heating, and I think hot water. So spend your own money and cool the house?

Hence the change: they may also supply cooling...

Edited by Marvin
Clarification, hopefully.