Hello

Hello.

I've been reading a few of the ongoing/older posts on here and figured it was time to join up and ask my own questions.

I've recently bought a house with planning permission for a extension on the rear, part two story part single story. Its a very old house so there'll also be a lot of renovation type work to do in time.

Then add to that I'd like to knock down the garage a rebuild a much larger workshop/garage.

I'd like to do both myself but taking a step back and being realistic I think that the extension will be better off with contractor for ground works up to roof and watertight, then us/friends and family for the interior, kitchen, plumbing and electrics etc.

The garage I plan to do myself from start to finish (probably with an architecht for the drawings though as the size I'm looking at will need to meet building regs and again it'll take me far too long to get something good enough)

Ideally I'd do the garage first as then that can be used as storage and indoor work space etc for the extension. But we're just over a year into the 3 year window on the planning permission (got by the previous owners) so I'm begining to wonder if time and budget will allow that to happen after all.

I've done plenty of renovation type bits in the past but nothing of this scale, I'm also pretty adept at overthinking the job so there'll be a lot of questions to ask!

• 2 weeks later...