T shaped

Willow73

Hi all - I am looking at putting electric under floor heating in my kitchen, the issue I have is that I need to create a T shape, seeing as you can only by the electric in certain sizes, can anyone give me some ideas of how to create a T shaped area?

Appreciate any help / advise you can give. 

They can be cut to length and use seperate pieces to make up the T shape - easier if you buy seperate smaller kits and just run them off one controller and thermostat.

Do not over-lap them and do not heat where the floor will be covered by rugs or waste bins or cupboards etc

2 minutes ago, markc said:

They can be cut to length and use seperate pieces to make up the T shape - easier if you buy seperate smaller kits and just run them off one controller and thermostat.

Do not over-lap them and do not heat where the floor will be covered by rugs or waste bins or cupboards etc

Hi - Thanks for the reply - so are you saying I can connect two separate areas to one controller? if that is the case I am guessing I will need two temp probes?

Just now, Willow73 said:

Hi - Thanks for the reply - so are you saying I can connect two separate areas to one controller? if that is the case I am guessing I will need two temp probes?

I had an odd shaped bathroom so i used two seperate heat mats connected to one controller with one heat probe. The mats are simple two wire units so no problem connecting several small units.