LBC Commons in first two courses on beam & block?

epsilonGreedy

Due to an ordering mistake many moons ago I have 200 LBC commons (i.e. Flettons, the ones with oversized frogs) spare onsite. Would it be ok to use them for the first two courses laid direct on a block & beam floor in the workshop portion of my garage? The beams of the beam & block floor sit on a dpc so the floor structure should be relatively dry.

The garage is single story under a slate roof and the 2 courses of LBCs would support the inner block wall of the workshop. The garage has a 100mm cavity with F2 facing bricks in the outer wall. Just to confirm these two courses provide 150mm of height for 90mm of PIR floor insulation plus 60mm of screed, this means they will be below the floor membrane and FFL DPC.

A bit of reading up in the internet indicates these LBCs are F1 grade with a 20N compressive strength. The 10 courses of blocks above are 8Kg fibolites so not much weight resting on these LBC brick courses.

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

Yep.  You go girl!

Pleased to hear that because I have already dry laid out 70 bricks of the first course to get an idea of the gauge which is what my pro brickie did last year when laying the engineering blues for the footings. 

I shall inform swmbo that an expert on the internet has decreed this is a job for her.