radiator covers with foil heat reflector

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting some radiator covers and upon my research I found that it is best to get foil heat reflectors - but during my research, it kept just saying heat reflecting radiator covers (I thought the cover might be heat reflecting) so I was a bit confused when I googled this and a separate sheet of foil heat reflectors popped up.

Does anyone else out there use these or has experience or advice on this topic please? do I buy the radiator cover and then install the heat reflecting foil on the wall? it was a mission lining the back of the radiator itself - and I still have to paper it too!!

Any advice would be appreciated it.

Thanks.

I used to make rad boxes as a sideline before they became available in the sheds etc. I used to make very good money to be honest. IMO make sure the grill you chose is minimum 50% open..... Make sure you have not got TRV's on the rads...... Paint the rad, and the background inside the box in Matt Black...... Only bother with the foil if the rads are on outside walls, and even then i'm not sure i would bother.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

I used to make rad boxes as a sideline before they became available in the sheds etc. I used to make very good money to be honest. IMO make sure the grill you chose is minimum 50% open..... Make sure you have not got TRV's on the rads...... Paint the rad, and the background inside the box in Matt Black...... Only bother with the foil if the rads are on outside walls, and even then i'm not sure i would bother.

thanks for your advice :)