Kitchen Island Drainage

Doug_Quaid

Hi,

I'm planning on putting in a Kitchen Island with a sink. I've not got an easy route out to the side all where the SVP is situated. The SVP runs down the side wall and under the block and beam floor in the kitchen.

Would it be possible to run a 110mm pipe from the island under the floor to connect to my existing 110mm. Then where it pops up through the floor to the sink in the island reduce to 50mm.

I also have another sink in the kitchen, could this also connect up to the same line.

Would they both require anti-siphon traps?

PXL_20210528_093056995.jpg

You need to connect back to the inspection chamber not the middle of the pipe, imagine a blockage past the point of that join heading towards the island, there is no way to direct a drainage rod to veer off and go up the junction to the blockage. 

Imagine a blockage at the point the (N) is in the word island, no easy way to get to it. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming the B&B floor is already down?

I think it could be tricky trying to connect everything together under the floor. I reckon either run two pipe runs (one for the sink and one for the island) or one straight pipe assembled outside before pushing it under the floor.  

image.png.265ec81ab73abd219fc7ed6ab3e69b2c.pngimage.png.799d35a1f5c61756a8d4036c2fab91bd.png

You might need AAV under the sink but try without first.