Shower drain waste into soil stack

kestrel

working on my bathroom refurb and have removed tiles/boxing etc to find he following arrangement

image.png.23f790ace3795da84d5d710a60660bf3.png

the white pipe in the fore ground is for the bidet which is being permanently removed, its a push fit socket.

the white pipe running along the top of the floor board and round the back of the stack before connecting into the stack is the shower drain.

I want to move this below the floor board so there is no need for boxing.

The problem is its solvent welded in place where it goes into the branch

image.png.36da1307cbca3c784df8c197d0ab532e.png

instead of trying to make use of the existing shower outlet i was thinking i could just re use the push fit outlet from the bidet that will be disconnected for the new shower waste but a few questions: 

1. would it be okay to connect the new shower up to the push fit outlet? (not sure if it needs to be solvent welded or not?)

2. can i just cut and cap off the existing shower outlet with some sort of blanking cap?

3. any other suggestions?

You can do that although the bidet pipe looks smaller than the shower pipe.

If this is on the top floor of your house I'd be tempted to replace the 110mm boss and the branch above it. With new bits that do what you need.

Presumably the stack goes up through the roof so I would support that temporarily high up so it cannot drop when the stack is cut. Remove boss and branch and replace with similar plus a short length of pipe and a slip coupling to reconnect to the stack. Bit of pipe lube will reduce the wrestling needed.

PS: If you pull up on the boss it might disconnect the stack lower down in the room below so take care.

Edited by Temp

10 hours ago, Temp said:

You can do that although the bidet pipe looks smaller than the shower pipe.

If this is on the top floor of your house I'd be tempted to replace the 110mm boss and the branch above it. With new bits that do what you need.

Presumably the stack goes up through the roof so I would support that temporarily high up so it cannot drop when the stack is cut. Remove boss and branch and replace with similar plus a short length of pipe and a slip coupling to reconnect to the stack. Bit of pipe lube will reduce the wrestling needed.

PS: If you pull up on the boss it might disconnect the stack lower down in the room below so take care.

Yes its on the top floor of the house and yes the stack goes up through the roof. Is it possible to just push the stack upwards enough through the roof in order to disconnect the branches and replace the bits needed then pull the stack back down?

(sorry im not sure how the stack is held in place where it exits the roof. Doesn't seem to have any brackets holding it in the loft though)

Or is cutting an fitting a slip coupler the only option?

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Where the waste pipe connects to the stack, the white waste has an elbow. Cut the pipe 40mm past that elbow, and simply pick up the waste from there. 
Do you know if that is 40mm ( 1 1/2” ) ? If not, then you’ll need to do as per @Temp’s solution above. 

Yes its a 40mm pipe for the white bidet pipe

10 hours ago, kestrel said:

Yes its a 40mm pipe for the white bidet pipe

Just chop it off at the first available clear bit of pipe, after a fitting, glue a fitting on, and bingo.

No need to convert the stack if you’re happy to just take your time when cutting it.  

• Like 1