Why cutting down trees is good for the planet

joe90

Interesting. What about habitat for forest fauna which forests provide? Would they thrive in bogs? A balance should be found somehow...

Nevetheless, I can't create a bog in my garden :))) so I planted 4x trees and a full shrub hedge to make up for the devastation caused by the construction process (silly me, should have thought of the bog earlier!) ?

• Haha 1

There seems to be a similar argument up hear with grouse moors.

One side wants them re-wilded with millions of trees, the other make the case for continuing burning which gets rid of heather and encourages peat bog. Of course the argument has nothing to do with burning being great for rearing grouse and trees not so much ?

3 hours ago, Ralph said:

There seems to be a similar argument up hear with grouse moors.

One side wants them re-wilded with millions of trees, the other make the case for continuing burning which gets rid of heather and encourages peat bog. Of course the argument has nothing to do with burning being great for rearing grouse and trees not so much ?

From what I've read in the past, burning heather is bad for the peat underlayer and bad for air quality. The rich grouse shooters aren't too worried about that though.