The dark end of the loft....jobs whilst I'm up there?

Okay, so I've been having fun going further into my loft than no man has ever been before (at least for long time), predominantly to put my radial ducting and plenums in place for MVHR.

With the insulation to one side and the best access I plan to get, what are the other 'whilst you're up there' jobs.

I have put in some lap vents.

I am sorting out the insulation (and removing a few bits where it seems stuffed down the back of the sloped ceilings). 

Don't think there's likely any cables that need going in based on what I can see us doing over the next few years. 

No plumbing up there.

Is it worth trying to get some ventilation holes into the chimney stack down that end? (We never and will never use it. Right now it's boarded off, with a vent, at the bottom but I'd like to seal it completely). I don't really understand chimneys. 

Once I've got the insulation carefully back down I'm hoping not to have to venture down there for some time....what am I going to regret if I don't do it now?!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2021 at 08:25, TonyT said:

Seal around pendant cable penetrations if any?

or fire hoods around downlighting if they aren’t fire rated. 

Good call Tony. A few pendants but no downlighting. Found some old plant pots to sit above the couple of lighting junction boxes though :)

• Like 1