Acceptable flow rate for UVC system at MDPE pipe

JulianB

Morning All,

Sorry if this has been covered already but I can't seem to find the information I am looking for...

I've just tested the flow rate of my new 25mm MDPE supply at the internal stopcock (25mm MDPE stopcock) and it's coming in at approx. 36l/min (bucket test). I haven't been able to measure the static or dynamic pressure with the tools / equipment I've got to hand, which is where things get tricky. Before taking the old plumbing system apart, I recall the supply pressure being quite high as I had turned the PRV quite high (as a quick test / finale for the old plumbing pipework) and recall ~5-6barG on the gauge (without much of a drop when opening a tap). Is my 36l/min flow rate fairly pointless without accurate static / dynamic pressures, or can I rest easy that my UVC system isn't going to be a total flop?

Thanks!

Julian

Hi Julian.

36l/m is a great flow rate, some get as little as 11-12 or half tidy at 16-18-20. 5-6 bar static should give you at least 1bar dynamic with a single shower flowing, but that is actually an academic way of looking at it and I would certainly rest easy if I was quoting you for an UVC with those results :)

Have a chat with Trevor at Cylinders2go and mention the forum. Lots on here have gone with them.

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Hi Julian.

36l/m is a great flow rate, some get as little as 11-12 or half tidy at 16-18-20. 5-6 bar static should give you at least 1bar dynamic with a single shower flowing, but that is actually an academic way of looking at it and I would certainly rest easy if I was quoting you for an UVC with those results :)

Have a chat with Trevor at Cylinders2go and mention the forum. Lots on here have gone with them.

Thanks Nick! Reassuring to hear (thought i was going to have to sleep in the garage if it all went wrong and the wife came looking) This actually all started from me trawling the forum this morning in deciding whether to go with 10 or 15mm plastic pipe for toilets and basin hot / cold tap as I need to run some pipes under a floor before I limecrete it! From memory your comments were in favour of sticking to 10mm for all taps / toilet cisterns, and then jump up to 15mm for the kitchen tap / dishwasher, and shower / bath supplies? I'll be going down the route of a manifold for both hot and cold (balanced) feeds. Sorry to be straying off topic!