Concrete Patio Moulds

Gimmick. Doesn't last esp if you use a coloured concrete as the sun makes it fade pretty quick. Nice natural slabs or paving will last much longer. 

Is there nobody near you that does anything with all that mourne granite ???

My parents just got the imprinted concrete in and i dont fancy the look of it.  Or the price.

I haven't really looked into it but could see whats around

Also looked at the resin bond at the self build show but its unreal expensive, and you need concrete or tarmac to put it on

TBH if you want that sort of effect you are better off creating a design using full / half / quarters to suit and buying the appropriate sizes in full packs, or even a variety of shades. Can look quite cool and 1970s retro.

Or I just used 2 sizes of Pressed Council Slabs, which look great 2 years on with moss and lichen etc.

The one thing about imprinted concrete is that weeds don't grow through the gaps from below.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

TBH if you want that sort of effect you are better off creating a design using full / half / quarters to suit and buying the appropriate sizes in full packs, or even a variety of shades. Can look quite cool and 1970s retro.

Or I just used 2 sizes of Pressed Council Slabs, which look great 2 years on with moss and lichen etc.

The one thing about imprinted concrete is that weeds don't grow through the gaps from below.

Ferdinand

Aye, the plain grey could be the job.  But then i dont get to make the decisions.