Timber kit price

Barryscotland

Not being in the building trade and most of the things mentioned in the quote mean nothing to me how do I no if the kit price being quoted is a fair price for the spec and contents? Is it usual to haggle on the initial price quoted? Is it normal practice to get it quoted elsewhere as I’d probably just be using there quote to verify mine was good if that makes sense. 

I would say it is most important to get other quotes. You would in other matters of general life so self building is no different. That said, you also need to gain an understanding of the terminology they use as this will assist your understanding when it comes to knowing what it is they are actually supplying or not, as the case may be.

Ask the question on here and you will find an answer - I'm sure.

That all said, trying to compare TF quotes like for like is not easy! They all offer different things and the devil is in the detail!!!

There are plenty of members who have used various TF suppliers so ask a question or indeed use the search facility to research previous queries/concerns/questions etc.

Good luck and finally, invest in some candles that burn well into the night, as you will need them as you embark on your research/understanding!??