Broken Fan on ASHP - Dimplex A16M 16kW

Siggles

12 hours ago, PeterW said:

This is why I’d send it to someone like MER who repair these things daily. they will service and test and ensure it’s working correctly. 

+1

I used a local engineering co to skim a commutator on a motor few years ago. The chap in reception sucked his teeth and said it would be expensive but only charged me something like £30 to fix a £150 motor. Mind you I had stripped it down for him.

• 2 years later...

I went a year with this issue, the fan was kaput, they even sent a Dimplex engineer out with another fan, but it was another 2nd hand one and that too had issues. Truth is, they didn't and don't make the part anymore, and weren't intending to. The unit model is now no longer on their website. I do worry about other people with this same unit. For many months of the year I was plugging in the water tank to the plug socket and heating my hot water that way. Luckily it wasn't recently when electricity is 3 times as much as I was paying back then.

Anyhow, after all said and done, Dimplex actually paid for a new unit - made by Samsung - and sent a third party out to fit it - including a new Samsung control panel. All for free. So I was very lucky, but it took some nagging and emails to the CEO and posts on Twitter etc. Which I felt was justified.

Hope this helps someone in the same boat.

• Like 1