Hello from south wales

Makeitstop

Hi everyone.

Brand new and registered here following scanning through many threads.

Planning a rear kitchen extension sometime this year and am likely to be seeking advice of others with more knowledge.

Hoping that some of you folks with experience are willing and able to share tips / advice.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

Thanks Gareth, appreciate it.

As yet, nothing has started by way or actual "work". I've recently had planning granted, and am waiting to speak to architect and structural guy about steelwork for rear wall that'll be coming out. It's a lot to have to consider and plan out. 

Not sure yet whether to use single contractor or separate trades, so will no doubt be hassling folks here for views on it all.

I’m going the separate trades route simply cause other than a plasterer a brickie, carpenter and plumber all owe me huge favours so it should keep costs down. 
Your way ahead of me. I’ve yet to have the key, though I’ve spoken to a architect who’s coming up with some provisional plans so I can get the ball rolling as soon as I have the go ahead. 
what part of Swales you from, I’m in the rhymney valley moving to the neath valley so don’t be shy to ask if I can help I will. 

most of the questions I ask on here are because I don’t want to cut any corners so research everything for the knowledge of these fine gentlemen.

Bridgend area, where covid is currently running riot.

To me, using separate trades makes sense, as it allows me to choose who I'm happy to have working on things here, and here and there I can trim the vat hopefully. My plot is a little tricky as it has to be piled. I've done a fair bit of research into that already, so have some ideas on what's likely to be needed. What it'll all cost is still a bit uncertain, but my proposed area is fairly small, as what I'm planning is only 6.3m x 3.5m.

I'm sure it'll be a headache, but hopefully worth it at the end.