Planning portal website

ZacP

Is it just me but I can no longer use the measure feature on the planning documents from the Planning Portal websites? It's a very handy feature which needs flash which apparently is being discontinued or something like that. I've tried different browsers but have no joy with any of them!

Thanks!

22 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

Assume you’re referring to specific Council Planning websites as opposed to the Planning Portal, which is only used to submit applications?

Possibly, yes. Didn't realise they weren't the same thing! Specifically the Stroud planning site, however a brief check of others reveals the same issue? Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Edited by ZacP

I have just had a look on the Council website and am not sure what "measure" feature you're referring to. Similarly to other LPA's websites, the uploaded documents open in Adobe so unless it's your particular PDF software that used to have some kind of measure function of which it now does not? Just out of interest, what are you trying to measure as the majority of drawings will include scaled dimensions along with scale bars so it shouldn't be too difficult to obtain that information?

I think it's that some LAs "map view" functions have a linear measuring option.

Mine used to have area as well, until they changed their platform (buggers). 

The feature still seems to be there on the  Stroud DC Website. Or at least I could use it.

eg if the link works

https://publicaccess.stroud.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=map&keyVal=QKZ5LJPNITQ00

Then click on the ruler and choose the option. You can even measure the areas of a polygon.

Seems to have all the option mine has lost. (Grrr)

F

• Like 1