Hire company recommendation

I don't normally do plugs or reviews for companies so if the moderators are unhappy with this please delete..

A short while ago I needed to hire a tall scaffolding tower. These things are quite expensive to hire from the big companies like HSS even if you haggle so I was looking for best price when I found this company...

https://www.lakeside-hire.co.uk/

They are a long way from me but they claimed to deliver nationwide so I gave them a go. I think what they actually do is subcontract the hire to a more local company if you are some distance away, but the price charged was much better than I've been able to find locally. Obviously the actual service you get may depend on the local company they use but I was happy.

I know list prices are negotiable but for comparison..

A 6 meter (platform height) Boss tower 1.5 * 1.8m hired for 7 days is currently £148 via Lakeside and £332 from HSS , both inc VAT and delivery.

If nothing else you might be able to use a Lakeside quote to beat down your local suppliers.

• Like 1

Personally I think recommendations are great, best way to find a good deal. When I was self employed all my work was by word of mouth. Let's hear more from people that have had a good shopping experience.

I have just sourced my wood burner and flue materials from "stovesonline" and they could not be more helpful and were a pleasure to deal with. They have an in house flue design person who was brilliant. There you are I have started the ball rolling.