pipe size in barrier plastic pipe to feed a shower sink and toilet

strideredc

just a quick one, when I run a balanced cold and hot from the DHW tank from one side of the house to the other (downstairs shower ,sink and toilet) I was going to run it in 22mm barrier pipe (it's going to be notched into the celotex floor below the UFH) question is 22m big enough or would you go 28mm? I might put a sec return in 15mm pipe? the total run is about 25m from tank to shower. can I also getaway with a 15mm sec return in barrier pipe?

Edited by strideredc

it's going to be an unvented system with a 300l DHW tank upstairs being feed from a 28mm alkathane water main (outside) changing to a 32 mdpe across the house underground.

when I tested the pressure it was over 4 bar and off the scale of the water flow measuring cup and that was through a 15mm pipe feeding  a sink with probably 10mm bore hoses feeding the taps!  close to where the existing water connections are...

Make sure the pipes are sleeved to aid removal for future use, don’t want to fall fowl of the water regs!

the internal diameter of the 22mm plastic is way smaller than the 22 mm copper so make sure you allow for this

not for this install, but I’m a fan of 10mm copper microbire with white plastic coating.  Great to install, etc