Wiring up a Zone Valve

PeterFenton

Bit stumped and can't work out which way to do it.

I have a Worcester Boiler , with 8 rooms underfloor heating , upstairs / games room normal radiators.

I have put a zone valve on the upstairs / games room run so that underfloor heating can be set to run 24 /7  albeit low over night / during the day just to keep the block warm ish rather than heat from cold each time.

I have a Honeywell STC 9100C programmer running the upstairs / games room but have yet to wire in the zone valve so its on manual at the minute.

Underfloor heating needs 3 more room stats connecting before I can fire up so I am close.

So the problem I have is wiring the Zone valve which I thought I could wire into the Honey well and it should work when the timer is on  but the valve seems to have other ideas and I notice the heating was on this morning when the timer should have shut it off.

Wiring I have

Honey Well    Earth  Neutral Live    Live -1  link    Brown Wire -2     Blue Wire -4   these go to the boiler   Live in and Radiator link

Zone Valve   I wired into   Earth Neutral Live  which powers valve   then  Grey into 2  and Orange into 4  assuming it would open when timer came on and switch off when timer closed  

But it doesn't   Any ideas 

IMG_4840.JPG

IMG_4841.JPG

RJAX3976.JPG

UHJS3246.JPG

Yes, the BROWN to the valve should come from the heating on output of the time switch.

You also have the feedback switch (grey and Orange) completely wrong.  I am not entirely sure what it will do like that but it is wrong.

What's the 3 core flex at the bottom? That looks odd as well wired to heating off?

It needs a re think.