Floor Plans and 3D Planning and Interior Design Tool

Mania

Hi

I was just using design software to refine our house plans to submit an amendment to our application and thought itshare that before we appointed an architect I was drawing our house plans on graph paper and using tracing paper  for floors (this was very painful when making changes!) until I came across software which is aimed at self-builder's.

As a complete novice and without training (which is always available) with a bit of trial and error the software enabled me to upload a photograph of my plans and transfer them to scale, add floors, rooms and manipulate the plans to include windows (colours, types, etc) doors, room heights, wall and floor / carpet colour (with actual paint manufacturer / carpet codes), add kitchen cupboards, wardrobes, sofas, dining tables, bathroom suits actually available in the market etc. They will even add items specified not in their available catalogue under each type required to create a house visual so you can update your design in that level of detail. For a £5 a month no contract fee I found NuVuw to be invaluable. I think they have a free trial on at the moment: https://www.nuvuw.com It even has a project management tools built in which I plan to use for our next phase. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thorfun said:

thanks for the link. may I take this opportunity to big up the Dialux Evo software for lighting design. https://www.dialux.com/en-GB/

it's free and very easy to use. I've had lots of fun designing our lights. when I've had issues their support is willing to help via the forum.

That looks amazing! I will check it out - thanks

• Like 1

Hi - I've just finished changing/modifying some plans we had done for a previous self build and am wanting to find software that I can transfer the plans on to.  I have all the sizes of the rooms etc - do you think that someone with no experience like myself would be able to use nuvuw and does the £5 monthly charge have an end date or can you just leave when you want.  I'm so grateful you have posted about this company as I've been looking for a while and most software seems to be too complicated.

Hey,

Whilst on the software front of things, I could recommend Live Home 3D Pro for MacOs users. I think the license is a one-off 20 dollars here https://www.livehome3d.com/win/live-home-3d-pro

I have used it in the past when doing a flat refurb, and have now nearly designed our house in full.

I would do with some handy to use M&E editor to include AV, UFH, MVHR, etc. Any Ideas anyone?