Dimmable IP65 LED Downlighters

NSS

JCC is reasonably well known and quite widely used. 

Its more about the lamp and driver these days TBH, so as they're retrospectively interchangeable I'd not worry too much at this point.

look at the hours lamp life and lumens for comparison and see how they compare to others in the same price range. 

Mini sun have supplied my last few jobs, very happy so far, and Cob are the led unit of choice if I can get the type I want. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a brief update. We borrowed a JCC sample board from a local EW which allowed us to compare the 3w and 6w cool and warm in darkness rather than in a well lit showroom. Decided to go with the 3w and when the lighting went live earlier this week we're pleased we did. With 50 downlighters it also saved us well over £400 against the price of the 6w units and will of course reduce running costs too.

Edited by NSS

17 minutes ago, NSS said:

Just a brief update. We borrowed a JCC sample board from a local EW which allowed us to compare the 3w and 6w cool and warm in darkness rather than in a well lit showroom. Decided to go with the 3w and when the lighting went live earlier this week we're pleased we did. With 50 downlighters it also saved us well over £400 against the price of the 6w units and will of course reduce running costs too.

The sample board is well worth doing for any LEDs, I think.  I made up a test board with several different LED lights (that could be swapped out as required and a rotary switch to select which light was on.  I also added a power meter to it so I could see how the supposed rated power matched the real power (few were even close!).  Using this to compare lights in-situ gave us a really good insight as to how they would look when fitted, especially given the wide variation in colour, brightness, beam angle and evenness of illumination between different LED types.

I think it's great that the suppliers are seeing the value in offering this; when we were choosing LEDs it was pretty much build yourself a sample board or just take pot luck!  IIRC, I posted something on LED comparisons, with the board I made up, back on Ebuild a fair time ago.