Single row of tiles, edging and bonding advice...

Carrerahill

I've never tiled a wall or floor in my life, I think this may be the only job I have not done on a house, so I am looking for a little guidance.

The tiles are one of these interlocking things like this: 

Cream_Brick_Effect_Wall_Tile.jpg.1f2b3ef3ba1808af7db353c5d5f101d6.jpg

We will just use a single row of tiles (which annoyingly I need to take 25mm off to clear the sockets and leave a 20mm-ish gap that looks meant!). We have a full width "window splashback" to the cooker wall and the kitchen sink is all window so of the near 8m of worktop we only actually have 3 areas in isolation that need tiled, about 600mm between the back door and window, about 600mm around a corner going between two windows and then about 1200mm with a corner too going from a window as far as a double height kitchen unit so the biggest area of tile in one go without a corner is about 750mm! Therefore I am not getting a tiler in, as long as I can get the tiles end to end to sit straight and level then I have won.

So, with the tile about 8mm thick will a 10mm tile edger work, or do I need more like a 12mm to allow for 4mm of adhesive? I was thinking of using a standard L type trim, satin chrome or stainless or something, as I will have a lot of vertical exposed edges I was also thinking of running it on the vertical edges. 

I was planning on using Mapei Waterproof Fix and Grout.

Now does this all sound reasonable? Am I going to cry when I make a mess of it all? I'd be more comfortable hand cutting a roof!