Completion process - for dummies, please!

I've read what I could on the Forum, but the overall end to end process picture still eludes me (probably due to info overload on bathrooms tiling...).

Can someone please help me understand the step by step process of completion certification? I have a vague understanding that we need a certificate from our electician and plumber re their respective areas being completed, then we have to have a visit from a Building Control (we use a private one) who is also supposed to issue something. If it is private, do we have to also get something from a local authority buiding control? And what about Valuation board? Sorry, totally confused.

That's pretty much it. Electrician issues a final testing cert, plumber does similar for their certifiable items (boiler and pressurised cylinder?).

BC will give you a cert after their final inspection and when all open items have been addressed to their satisfaction. You don't need LA BC in addition to independent.

Is valuation board to do with Council Tax? That can become due much earlier in process as soon as your LA deem the property habitable - i.e. before BC makes the same determination. If you've managed to elude them for now then well done.

Edited by Bitpipe
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bored Shopper said:

I've read what I could on the Forum, but the overall end to end process picture still eludes me (probably due to info overload on bathrooms tiling...).

Can someone please help me understand the step by step process of completion certification? I have a vague understanding that we need a certificate from our electician and plumber re their respective areas being completed, then we have to have a visit from a Building Control (we use a private one) who is also supposed to issue something. If it is private, do we have to also get something from a local authority buiding control? And what about Valuation board? Sorry, totally confused.

When BC visits for the final inspection Anything you don’t have He or She will ask you to forward via email 

and then about a week later they will email your certificate 

• Thanks 1