Hello here's what I'm up to..

Stable Dave

Hi there

Four and half years ago we made the shortest possible move, hired a man but no van and moved next door. Partly a bigger house but with the bonus of a huge outbuilding at the rear of a courtyard garden spanning both our house and next door (ours is a semi). The outbuilding is a former stable block possibly with hayloft but has been knocked about a bit and has had the second floor height raised. Sadly not many original features but a few I'm hoping to reuse. We have planning for a 2 bed flat upstairs with workshop, studio and garden room with veranda downstairs. Trying to do as much as I can myself and have given myself a done by the time I'm 50 deadline (4 years to go). Main advice I'll be needing is on use of corrugated metal roof with velux, flue pipes and possibly solar! Also hoping to have a go at tanking with cavity drain. It'll need to be electric heating system as no gas supply. Currently bricking up the many gaps and then it's onto new lintels, padstones etc as specd by SE. Enjoyed reading some of the threads already. Good to know there's help out there!

• Like 1

Sounds like a nice project, always good to see old buildings repurposed.

We once moved from one street to the one directly behind... A move of about 100m... You definitely beat that!