What cavity is required?

worldwidewebs

I have a question that I'd normally go straight to MBC with but they're now out of the office until January so I'm hoping someone here has the answer.

What size of cavity should be employed between the timber frame and the render board?

MBC had quoted a cavity of 50mm between TF and blockwork so I'd assumed it would be the same for the render board, but more than 1 renderer has said they've never seen anything that large so I'm wondering whether my assumption is wrong. Anyone care to help clear up the confusion for me?

23 hours ago, worldwidewebs said:

I have a question that I'd normally go straight to MBC with but they're now out of the office until January so I'm hoping someone here has the answer.

What size of cavity should be employed between the timber frame and the render board?

MBC had quoted a cavity of 50mm between TF and blockwork so I'd assumed it would be the same for the render board, but more than 1 renderer has said they've never seen anything that large so I'm wondering whether my assumption is wrong.  Anyone care to help clear up the confusion for me?

Counter battern with 25 mil bats is fine As long as there is a void you wont have any issues