Re-coiling spare pipe

Hi all,

I can't be the first person to have a fight with leftover 75mm flexible pipe (32m), and trying to re-roll it fairly tight.

Any pro tips?  I don't have access to a large cable drum, but thought about using an offcut of 8x2, and attaching a couple of 2x1s to the ends to form a sort of cable drum.  Would welcome any easier solutions though!

Cheers

Tim

Not the easiest ..!! Have you got access to a spare wheel off a car..?? Lay it on the floor and then coil it round the wheel - few short lengths of batten hammered into the ground spaced away from the wheel will keep it under control.

Just remember cable, pipe etc has it's own lay. Don't fight against it. I usually make a hoop the diameter you want and cable tie it. You can then coil it up by turning the "hoop" within the internal corner formed by two walls. Get an assistant to feed the pipd to you as you coil it, taking out the twist as you go.

• 4 months later...
On 24/06/2020 at 12:36, Onoff said:

Just remember cable, pipe etc has it's own lay. Don't fight against it. I usually make a hoop the diameter you want and cable tie it. You can then coil it up by turning the "hoop" within the internal corner formed by two walls. Get an assistant to feed the pipd to you as you coil it, taking out the twist as you go.

Pretty much this, got me a tolerable coil.  Assistant downstairs feeding and untangling, me in the loft having cable tied an initial loop, then try and hold the rest together, and then lash it in electrical tape, job done!