High land bridges dpc help

Jay fray

Hi I am in the process of building a detached outbuilding built of brick and block with cavity wall construction

The neighbour on one side has a burnt out disused shed still with a car in it and a lot of soil.

All three of the elevations are problem free in terms of height of DPC however this side is giving me a problem.

the problem is that their ground level is at the same height as my DPC

If I move some of this Excess soil I can still see the concrete base for the shed and a concrete base for the shed is 150 mm Below my DPC which is perfect

I don’t think that they will allow me to remove this eXcess soil therefore if I pushed it back into theOr garden how far do I need to push back so that building control are satisfied that the DPC will not be bridged

I think 45 degrees is the steepest "angle of repose" (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_repose ) recommended for a soil bank. Any steeper and you need some sort of retaining wall.

I'd allow space for a french drain and a 45 degree bank between your wall and the boundary. If you want to make it closer perhaps look at a retaining wall using railway sleeper(s).