Frame and roof on in just one day

Tennentslager

How's this for rapid construction...eh

IMAG0349.jpg

Just have some sanding and a lick of stain before moving it from the temporary position and bingo bango, first Christmas present sorted!

Had a walk by visitor today , guy from Ordanance Survey out updating their data.

He had a super neat tablet with high res map data. Chatted away as he showed me the layers of data they hold. Everything from individual gates (and if they are locked) to stand pipes...

We had a look at my Hut, so I asked how accurate his machine was...on a mobile signal 10mm, if no mobile, satellite data is good to 50mm. Pretty impressive I thought.

Edited by Tennentslager

Nice! And open sides should let enough breeze through to keep the midgies away :)

I wonder how that OS guy's machine works- GPS is only supposed to be accurate to ten metres (although in my experience it is definitely a bit better than that, maybe down to 5 or so).

2 hours ago, Crofter said:

I wonder how that OS guy's machine works- GPS is only supposed to be accurate to ten metres (although in my experience it is definitely a bit better than that, maybe down to 5 or so).

GPS is arounf 3m currently based on 3 or more satellites. 

The new European Galileo sat network will remove reliance on the US / Russian sat network and give a tolerance of less than 10cm when fully operational.