Hello Gang

Westy407

I've been stalking you all for a few months now and thought It was about time to say hello!!

Also thanks for all the information I've taken so far.

We've been lucky to find a lovely flat 1400sqm plot in Suffolk and hopefully should complete soon,  covid-19 permitting!!

I know I need a soil survey but do I also need to get a percolation test done at the same time

or does this come when the plans have been drawn and we know where the soakaways will be positioned? 

We have our first meeting with an architect on site Monday morning and we're excited!!!

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome.

You don't need a percolation test unless the BC wants to see one in relation to to soak aways. I did my own and because it is well know that where we are is basically clay the result was no measurable percolation. We ended up feeding rainwater to the local ditch which is allowed if you get permission from the local water company. 

Welcome also, like Mike we are on clay and agreed with EA and BC that outfall from our treatment plant and rainwater went to nearby ditch, we did a percolation test and I think the water is still there three years later ?????.