Wall Mounted Letterbox

Ferdinand

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wall mounted postbox for a street facing house wall for a T where I might be about to replace the front door (quiet street, shallow front garden approx 2m deep)?

Obviously it needs to take an overlarge A4 envelope etc, and I do not want any of those silly in this application "here is some post to steal, Mr Burglar" windows.

At home I have a Brabantia, which has lasted 3 years without a spot, but cost £60.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brabantia-665400-Postbox-Black/dp/B000IU3VO4/

I was wondering about this Savisto one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Savisto-Slim-Line-Mounted-Lockable-Waterproof/dp/B00ZP7C01K/

Amazon links as I cannot make the Brabantia website talk to me.

Aside: In Melbourne I saw some "hole in the wall" type letterboxes where there was an extra round hole through the wall below the slot where Snoopy could leave the Newspaper. Wonderful artefacts of an historical culture.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiq2q9g672UdAzg9Ewnj4

Great fun.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

Savisto Box has arrived.

Well built and solid, with a nice magnetic strip to keep the lid closed.

However, orientation is slightly landscape not portrait. It will take an A4 mag in an envelope vertically but it is a little close to the top.

Verdict: OK but I prefer the Brabantia.

Sticking with this one now it is here for at least one house, though.

Ferdinand

Was cursing a couple of weeks a go - a guy I know who works at a local amenity site (Tip to you and me :D) posted that someone had thrown away a proper  old V.R red post box - the sort that is mounted in a wall or on a post and is made of cast iron. Sadly some swine beat me to it >:( - I think he got £50 ! I'd have happily given him a lot more!

Edited by curlewhouse