Tiny MVHR systems?

Starting to shop around for my MVHR system, to serve my little 43m2 one bedroom cottage. I did get a quote from BPC who were very good to deal with but their system was based around a unit suitable for houses up to 150m2, and whilst overcapacity may be no bad thing, perhaps I can shave a bit of money off the total cost by shopping around a bit.

In an ideal world I would have a unit sized appropriate to my house and with summer bypass and high efficiency. Humidistat control might be nice as I would like this to be able to run without any human intervention if possible. I have also seen some units featuring a heating boost which is certainly interesting as a house as small as mine might just get away with being heated in this manner, but I would need to research this and compare the added cost to just sticking in some panel heaters.

There are some smaller and cheaper units around but from what I have found so far these are lower efficiency (c.70%- I wonder how much this matters in real life) and mostly designed for single room applications (despite having enough overall capacity for my whole house).

Any tips/pointers?

Guest Alphonsox

I went through the same search a year or so ago - At that point the choices were small and inefficient or too big. It sounds like things may not have changed.

Guest Alphonsox

That fits into the "small and inefficient" group. (68% efficient). There does seem to be a gap in the market for a MVHR capable of 90%+ efficiency for 50-100m2 dwellings.