Fencing Gravel Board Subbase

Hello, I'm looking to replace my concrete post fence which presently is leaning in all different directions.  I want to do a proper job and make sure that the fence remains level.  As the fence panels will sit upon a gravel board, I wanted to know the best way to make sure that the gravel boards don't sink - even slightly, as I want to top of the fence to run through.  I think it would be overkill to pour a strip of concrete beneath the gravel boards so wondered what else might be suitable?

I used garden flints along the line of and under my 1' deep gravel boards.

This was in a place I now rent out. 30 years later they're still good. The 8' concrete posts too are perfect. I painted the concrete gravel boards and posts with Thompsons Water Seal. I'm sure that helped.

The wooden fence is knackered mind. I'll be replacing it as soon as this bloody lockdown is over!

13 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Fill the concrete up to around the bottom of the gravel board. Had a guy dig the holes for mine the other week were works of art no more than 8" diameter circle 

Just remembered, I did that too! 

11 hours ago, Oz07 said:

Fill the concrete up to around the bottom of the gravel board. Had a guy dig the holes for mine the other week were works of art no more than 8" diameter circle 

Do you mean just at either end of the gravel board or the entire length?