2m deep manhole

redtop

so I have to connect the shallow inspection chamber to the pipe that has been connected to the main sewer.  This connection as been connected and brought into my land and inspected.

The distance between the 2 is 20M. The difference in height is aprox 1.5M invert to invert (in the right direction fortunately!). SO do I run the main drain at 1:25; very steep. Or 1:80 and then put in a dropshaft just before manhole (which in total will be 2M deep).  I would put in a horizontal bit for rodding.

This is going to be very mandrolic so the easiest option is preferred!

Edited by redtop

Has the demarcation chamber been built ..? At 2m ideally you should use something better than a plastic ring system. If you use 900 or 1200mm rings then it’s easy to do a backdrop but to be honest I would run at 1:40 for 18m then drop the last section into the chamber at 45 degrees (my calculations say that should work to do 1.5m) and would be an easier option. 

Just now, PeterW said:

Has the demarcation chamber been built ..? At 2m ideally you should use something better than a plastic ring system. If you use 900 or 1200mm rings then it’s easy to do a backdrop but to be honest I would run at 1:40 for 18m then drop the last section into the chamber at 45 degrees (my calculations say that should work to do 1.5m) and would be an easier option. 

no. they connected a 100MM pipe to the public sewer, brought it under the public path into my land and then brought it out of the ground in a vertical stack.  Site is on sloping ground and we didn't know where the final levels would be.  south west water were fine.  BC have signed of the foul pipes under house to inspection chamber (shallow) so now we just need to connect the inspection chamber to the sewer pipe and install a 600mm manhole at that end.  your idea sounds ideal! would it still work with the extra info above?

I should add, sorry, the ground actually slops up the last 5m to where the 2m deep manhole needs to go, so I could just lower that  area by 0.5m and drop a 1.5m manhole down; I have plenty of space to use the spoil