Another job finished......

As far as I can.

This is a small area of decking and steps down from the back door, incorporating some storage.

This has been ongoing since just after Christmas, doing a little every now and then on nice days.

decking_3.thumb.jpg.f03cd36e7c9a1fe33f61d9781384df94.jpg

decking_1.thumb.jpg.c36266863bad0469dedfa2371b0be0b6.jpg

decking_2.thumb.jpg.2823f79c5ed1a14063db3c5afe8a6dbb.jpg

Underneath has been made into a storage rack for my scaffold planks, a lot easier to get them in and out than the previous storage under the static caravan.  The 2 layers are made with Unistrut which is both easy and seems to give a smooth surface to slide the planks in on end.

Below the deck frame, a sheet of OSB is suspended, covered in damp proof membrane. That is to ensure drips of rainwater that get through the gaps in the deck planks, don't drop onto the planks but run off to the edge.

Also incorporated is storage for the wheelie bins so you can just step out of the kitchen door and put the rubbish in the bins.  An arrangement we liked when in the static caravan.

Of course like a lot of jobs, this is as far as I have got. I have run out of wood, and can't get any at the moment.

Underneath the deck will be covered in with fencing boards to keep driven rain out (and keep the planks out of sight) with a door on the front to open when you want to get to the planks.

And it needs handrails.  I have one length of handrail and 2 spindles bought to see what they were like. Not enough to do anything useful with.

• Like 2