Reclaiming Removed PD Rights...

harry_angel

Thank you all for your responses.  

You do now have to pay for full planning permission if you PD rights have been removed. Apparently it is a Central Government directive and not within the remit of the Council's themselves. So sadly although I was advised in 2014 that I wouldn't need to for permission for anything that would have fallen under PD,  we will now have to pay.

Can anyone help me on the sort of things I need to say in my supporting statement. It is going to cost me £276 to submit the Section 73 notice. Then I have to wait 8 weeks to see if we have been successful .... or longer, apparently!  It's a joke.  They take the PD rights away and then I have to pay to get them reinstated!!  Whichever way I go, I know it is going to cost me.

It is not cheaper to apply for planning permission BTW.  I just want what most other people have - the right to enjoy my home as I wish without the need of the council to own us at every turn.

If anyone can give me an idea of where to start, I would be very grateful. Thank you all...

• Like 1

@NLC consider yourself fortunate you didn't pay the application fee AND over £1000 of planning consultant fees!

All for the magnificent privilege of what was mine in the first place, and should never have been removed originally...like I said before: A DISGRACE.

Best advice would be to run a Google search on removal of PD rights + a council's name ie "removal of permitted development rights class west oxfordshire council".

Run those variants repeatedly until you find some cases where people have applied to get them back, and succeeded, and simply lift sentences from their statements and stitch together some arguments.

• 2 months later...
On 05/06/2020 at 14:52, harry_angel said:

In case anyone out there is interested - we managed to reclaim our PD rights successfully.

A real result. Much teeth-gnashing among the neighbours but hey, the rules are the rules, right? We found the council lob this remove PD rights clause almost as a default setting, which is extraordinary. There's a total pattern to it. It's like preying on the naivety of home owners.

Anyway, this is the man we have to think for a formidable application > http://just-planning.co.uk/ 

Was it a discrete process? Were you able to send in the application to yhe council and reclaim your PD rights without alerting   neighbours or other objecting parties?

• Like 1

@interested party afraid not, it entails a full application so the LPA will notify local residents.

Flip side, is that so few people IMHO actually understand PD....so the neighbours may glance at it briefly, see that it doesn't involve drawings of some huge tower block, and assume it's inconsequential and throw the letter in the bin...