New sewer connection required - any recommended firms in/near Midlands?

gwebstech

Hi all

Not sure if this is correct forum? As it says, i need a sewer connection and the quotes ive had a re ridiculous, i know not many do this but i just wondered if anyone could recommend someone to me that doesnt charge the earth

thanks

Gaz

So bear in mind you will need to pay for a Section 50 Highways agreement and the section 106 connection agreement that is around £950 of your costs before you start. 

4.4m into the carriageway is more than half a lane, so you will need traffic management - that’s about £120 a day, so will be £600

If the contractor is quoting to also include the demarcation chamber at the property edge, you can say that is £750 installed. 

So £2300 of your £5600 is just for the basics. £300/m to dig and reinstate the road, and you’re probably left at about £1800 in the end that is materials, plant, labour and profit. 

That doesn’t sound too unreasonable to me. 

Hi Peter

m responsible for the chamber on my property, and the job isnt more than 1 day for a good team, i dont know theyd be able to reinstate it the same day though - id do it myself if the council didnt need to check all  the bloody H and S stuff. My dad used to do them himself when he was building, apparently some of them use a worm from my property  if the distance isnt too far into the road so that obv saves a lot of digging the road up right across

18 hours ago, PeterW said:

Will be 3 days minimum - day to open, day to connect and ST to inspect and a day to close. 

i didnt know ST inspected the actual sewer connection, i thought they just looked in the demarc chamber and checked water was flowing into the sewer ok