Moving Window Frames out into the EWI layer

MikeGrahamT21

Yeah I know what you mean about staying busy, its hard to stop DIYing when you've started! I'm currently midway through ripping loft insulation out of a 1960's bungalow, installing loft legs and brand new insulation, horrible dusty job though!

I only 'may' do one window next year, if I rip the floor up in that room, i'd do it while the mess was about, but I've not decided whether or not to do that yet, depends how much i overbought on the insulation i'm using for the loft!

• 1 year later...

Did you get anywhere with these? I’m thinking of doing the one window which is getting moved out this year possibly. I’ve got a sample of compacfoam now but just don’t think it’s strong enough to hold a full large window by itself and the fire risk i mentioned. Interesting material though for sure!

37 minutes ago, craig said:

Few factors exist, type/loading etc. I have 3 lift and slide doors side by side, spanning 17 metres. Weighing approx 400KG each, sitting directly on top of compacfoam without any issues. 

I can understand it under doors, as the length of compacfoam will be supported by something all the way underneath, but for a window, its going to be down to however many mechnical fixings plus glue, and thats the bit which scares me!