Hi

Adam Smith

Hi,  my name is Adam and I  have a degree in Electrical engineering and 35 years experience as a designer of radar, mobile phones, equipment to help aircraft land and lots of stuff the average guy in the street wouldn’t have heard about.  I am also an enthusiastic builder with quite a lot of experience of the various skills. Don’t know a lot about foundations – which I have heard  people say is the most difficult.  I can answer most questions about electricity, but there may be some aspects of building practice that I am unaware of.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Adam Smith said:

Hi,  my name is Adam and I  have a degree in Electrical engineering and 35 years experience as a designer of radar, mobile phones, equipment to help aircraft land and lots of stuff the average guy in the street wouldn’t have heard about.  I am also an enthusiastic builder with quite a lot of experience of the various skills. Don’t know a lot about foundations – which I have heard  people say is the most difficult.  I can answer most questions about electricity, but there may be some aspects of building practice that I am unaware of.

Welcome - don't worry about the gaps in your building knowledge.

We'll expect you to pull your weight in the off topic threads though - more than a few engineers and scientists on this forum :)

I did EE myself but never got my head round the radio side of things so stuck to digital and s/w. I recall our uni radio lecturer tell us day one all 'Sure it's a black art lads, a black art...'